About Toby Baker
Along with his two fellow full-time commissioners, Baker establishes overall agency direction and policy, and makes final determinations on contested permitting and enforcement matters.
Baker also serves as Governor Abbott's appointee to the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council, represents Texas as the chair-elect on the Gulf of Mexico Alliance Management Team, and serves on the Coastal Land Advisory Board.
Prior to his appointment, Baker was a policy and budget advisor on energy, natural resources and agriculture issues for the Governor’s Office, where he was also the liaison between the office and members of the Legislature, constituents, the Railroad Commission of Texas, the TCEQ, the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, the Texas Department of Agriculture, and the Texas Animal Health Commission. He is a past natural resource policy advisor to Sen. Craig Estes, and the former director and clerk of the Texas Senate Subcommittee on Agriculture, Rural Affairs and Coastal Resources.
Baker received a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M University, where he was a member of the Corps of Cadets, and a Master of Public Service and Administration from the Texas A&M George Bush School of Government and Public Service. He is also a graduate of the National Outdoor Leadership School and the Governor’s Executive Development Program at the University of Texas LBJ School of Public Affairs.
- 2016 TEEA Winners. May 4, 2016.
- Governor Greg Abbot’s Greeting to 2016 TEEA Winners. May 4, 2016.
- TCEQ congratulates 2016 Texas Environmental Excellence Awards winners. Mar. 14, 2016.
- A Message from Commissioner Baker about RESTORE Grants Mar. 14, 2016
- Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council approves Funded Priorities List Dec. 9, 2015
- Listening Sessions Offer Input Opportunities on Gulf Coast Restoration. (Natural Outlook, Oct. 2015)
- TCEQ Commissioner Toby Baker Announces Four RESTORE Act Listening Sessions Sept. 2, 2015
- Council releases a draft Initial Funded Priorities List Aug.13, 2015
- Texas first state in the nation to receive funding from RESTORE Trust Fund June 30, 2015
- TCEQ congratulates 2015 Texas Environmental Excellence Awards winners Mar. 10, 2015
- TCEQ Commissioner Announces Gulf Coast Centers of Excellence Consortia. Jan. 16, 2015
- Take Care of Texas this Holiday Season Dec. 15, 2014
- RESTORE to Accept Project Submissions for Restoration Aug. 21, 2014
- RestoreTheTexasCoast.org is Unveiled July 30, 2014
- Take Care of Texas During Summer Road Trips. June 17, 2014
- Governor Rick Perry’s Greeting to 2014 TEEA Winners. May 8, 2014
- 2014 Texas Environmental Trade Fair Luncheon. May 6, 2014
- TCEQ congratulates 2014 Texas Environmental Excellence Awards Winners. Apr. 29, 2014
- Take Care of Texas Encourages Earth Day. Apr. 21, 2014
- TCEQ Newsroom
Commissioner Baker on YouTube
- TCEQ Helps May 5, 2015
- Take Care of Texas, It's the Only One We've Got. May 7, 2014
- TCEQ and Secretariat of Environment of Coahuila Sign a Memorandum of Cooperation. May 1, 2013
- 2013 Trade Fair Luncheon Presentation, features discussions with TCEQ’s three commissioners. Apr. 30, 2013
- At the Central Tx Env. Summit with Commissioner Toby Baker and Senator Leticia Van de Putte, R.Ph., District 26. Jan. 18, 2013
- RestoreTheTexasCoast.org . Aug. 21, 2014
- Barnett Shale Geological Area
- In the Vanguard of an Oil and Gas Boom, Biennial Report to 83rd Legislature FY2011-FY2012
- Oil and Gas: Barnet Shale and Eagle Ford Shale, Bienniel Report to 83rd Legislature FY2011-FY2012
- Texas Environmental Excellence Awards
- About the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP)
- Today's Texas Air Quality Forecast