Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E.
About Bryan W. Shaw
Dr. Bryan W. Shaw is an associate professor in the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department of Texas A&M University (TAMU) with many of his courses focused on air pollution engineering. The majority of his research at TAMU concentrates on air pollution, air pollution abatement, dispersion model development, and emission factor development. Dr. Shaw was formerly associate director of the Center for Agricultural Air Quality Engineering and Science, and served as Acting Lead Scientist for Air Quality and Special Assistant to the Chief of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Dr. Shaw also served as a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Science Advisory Board (SAB) Committee on Integrated Nitrogen, the EPA SAB Environmental Engineering Committee, and the Ad Hoc Panel for review of EPA's Risk and Technology Review Assessment Plan. Additionally, he is a member of the U.S. Department of Agriculture–Agricultural Air Quality Task Force. Since his appointment to the TCEQ, Dr. Shaw has served on the Texas Environmental Flows Advisory Group and as chair of the Texas Advisory Panel on Federal Environmental Regulations. Shaw also is a member of the Environmental Council of the States, serving on the Executive Committee as the Region 6 representative.
Dr. Shaw received a bachelor's and master's degree in agricultural engineering from TAMU and a doctorate degree in agricultural engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also earned his professional engineer (P.E.) license in October 2013.
Central Texas Environmental Summit Promotes Collaboration Along the Corridor
On Dec. 8, the TCEQ and District 14 Senator Kirk Watson hosted the 3rd Central Texas Environmental Summit. Hundreds of attendees packed the Bastrop Convention and Exhibit Center, to hear the TCEQ commissioners and Sen. Watson speak on the long-term solutions to the environmental challenges facing the growing region. Subject matter experts staffed exhibits, and were available to answer questions, during a well-attended open house portion of the event. Media coverage was provided by the Austin American-Statesman, KXAN-TV, and Time Warner Cable News. You can also view additional coverage of the event on the Time Warner Cable News website .
- Governor Rick Perry's Disaster Proclamation (January 18, 2015)
- Take Care of Texas this Holiday Season Dec. 15, 2014
- Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals rules in favor of TCEQ in whooping crane lawsuit. June 30, 2014
- Take Care of Texas During Summer Road Trips. June 17, 2014
- TCEQ Removes Lynchburg Ferry and Port Arthur from Air Pollutant Watch List. May 29, 2014
- Chairman Bryan W. Shaw appointed by EPA to Border Environmental Committee. May 15, 2014
- Governor Rick Perry’s Greeting to 2014 TEEA Winners. May 8, 2014
- TCEQ congratulates 2014 Texas Environmental Excellence Awards Winners. Apr. 29, 2014
- Take Care of Texas Encourages Earth Day. Apr. 21, 2014
- Environment Subcommittee Hearing - Ensuring Open Science at EPA (webcast recording), Feb. 11, 2014
- Full Committee Hearing—Examining the Science of EPA Overreach: A Case Study in Texas , testimony from Chairman Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E. (webcast recording), Feb. 5, 2014
- Statement on EPA’s proposal to approve flexible permit program, Jan. 29, 2014
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules Water Lawsuit Against New Mexico Can Proceed, Jan. 29, 2014
- TCEQ Newsroom
Chairman Shaw on YouTube
- Take Care of Texas, It's the Only One We've Got. May 7, 2014
- 2014 Texas Environmental Trade Fair Luncheon. May 6, 2014
- TCEQ and Secretariat of Environment of Coahuila Sign a Memorandum of Cooperation. May 1, 2013
- 2013 Trade Fair Luncheon Presentation, features discussions with TCEQ’s three commissioners. Apr. 30, 2013
- TribLive: Shaw and Marston on Texas vs. the EPA . Apr. 22, 2013
- TribLive: Shaw and Marston on the West Explosion . Apr. 22, 2013
- At the Central Tx. Env. Summit with TCEQ Chairman Shaw and State Senator Donna Campbell, M.D., District 25. Jan. 18, 2013
- 2012 Drought Video. May 8, 2012
- Speaking on the 82nd Legislature—TCEQ Chairman Bryan Shaw. Aug. 29, 2011
- In Their Words—Chairman Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E. Texas Commission on Environmental Quality on EPA wanting control over state programs. Apr. 7, 2011
- Dr. Bryan W. Shaw , Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, on ways to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions. May 28, 2010
- Gov. Perry Accepts Recommendations from the Texas Advisory Panel on Federal Environmental Regulation, Contemplated EPA regulations could cripple Texas economy . Nov. 25, 2008
- TCEQNews YouTube Channel
- Environmental Council of the States
- Texas Drought Information
- Texas Environmental Excellence Awards
- About the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP)
- Today's Texas Air Quality Forecast
- Texas Water Smart