Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E.
About Bryan W. Shaw
Dr. Bryan W. Shaw is an associate professor in the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department of Texas A&M University (TAMU) with many of his courses focused on air pollution engineering. The majority of his research at TAMU concentrates on air pollution, air pollution abatement, dispersion model development, and emission factor development. Dr. Shaw was formerly associate director of the Center for Agricultural Air Quality Engineering and Science, and served as Acting Lead Scientist for Air Quality and Special Assistant to the Chief of the U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
Dr. Shaw also served as a member of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Science Advisory Board (SAB) Committee on Integrated Nitrogen, the EPA SAB Environmental Engineering Committee, and the Ad Hoc Panel for review of EPA's Risk and Technology Review Assessment Plan. Additionally, he is a member of the U.S. Department of Agriculture–Agricultural Air Quality Task Force. Since his appointment to the TCEQ, Dr. Shaw has served on the Texas Environmental Flows Advisory Group and as chair of the Texas Advisory Panel on Federal Environmental Regulations.
Dr. Shaw received a bachelor's and master's degree in agricultural engineering from TAMU and a doctorate degree in agricultural engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He also earned his professional engineer (P.E.) license in October 2013.
- Tribune Festival 2013: Audio from The Fight Over Climate Change panel discussion. Sept. 28, 2013
- Governor Rick Perry's Disaster Proclamation (Sept. 6, 2013)
- Extended Drought Fosters New Approaches. August 2013
- TCEQ accepting nominations for 2014 Texas Environmental Excellence Awards. Aug. 5, 2013
- Kevin Fowler, TCEQ, and TPWD Team Up to Take Care of Texas. June 2013
- Gov. Perry Signs Landmark Water Legislation. May 28, 2013
- Texans Take Action Addressing Future Water Supplies. February 2013
- TCEQ statement on favorable CSAPR court ruling. Aug. 21, 2012
- Editorial from TCEQ Chairman on favorable 5th Circuit Court ruling on flexible permits. Aug. 14, 2012
- TCEQ Highlights from Fiscal Year 2012.
- EPA's Bad Science to Blame for State's Latest Challenge. Oct. 4, 2011
- TCEQ Chairman Bryan Shaw, Ph.D., P.E. testimony (at Subcommittee on clean Air and Nuclear Safety). June 30, 2011
- Gov. Perry Appoints Rio Grande Watermaster Carlos Rubinstein to Texas Commission on Environmental Quality—Also Names Shaw Chair. Aug. 25, 2009
- Gov. Perry Names Three to the Texas Advisory Panel on Federal Environmental Regulations. Nov. 4, 2008
- Gov. Perry Appoints Shaw to Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Nov. 1, 2007
- TCEQ Newsroom
Chairman Shaw on YouTube
- TCEQ and Secretariat of Environment of Coahuila Sign a Memorandum of Cooperation. May 1, 2013
- 2013 Trade Fair Luncheon Presentation, features discussions with TCEQ’s three commissioners. Apr. 30, 2013
- TribLive: Shaw and Marston on Texas vs. the EPA. Apr. 22, 2013
- TribLive: Shaw and Marston on the West Explosion. Apr. 22, 2013
- At the Central Tx. Env. Summit with TCEQ Chairman Shaw and State Senator Donna Campbell, M.D., District 25. Jan. 18, 2013
- 2012 Drought Video. May 8, 2012
- Speaking on the 82nd Legislature—TCEQ Chairman Bryan Shaw. Aug. 29, 2011
- In Their Words—Chairman Bryan W. Shaw, Ph.D., P.E. Texas Commission on Environmental Quality on EPA wanting control over state programs. Apr. 7, 2011
- Dr. Bryan W. Shaw, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, on ways to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions. May 28, 2010
- Gov. Perry Accepts Recommendations from the Texas Advisory Panel on Federal Environmental Regulation, Contemplated EPA regulations could cripple Texas economy. Nov. 25, 2008
- TCEQNews YouTube Channel
- Texas Drought Information
- Texas Environmental Excellence Awards
- About the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP)
- Today's Texas Air Quality Forecast
- Texas Water Smart