The Mickey Leland Environmental Internship Program
Am I Eligible?
You must meet all internship requirements to be eligible to participate.
- You must have completed at least 60 undergraduate semester hours at the end of the spring 2013 semester or be a current graduate student enrollee.
- You must be enrolled full time during the current spring semester and have a minimum academic grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
- You must be eligible to work in the United States.
- You should be enrolled in environmental or other science-related disciplines including, but not limited to, the following:
- public health
- public administration
Students pursuing the following majors are also encouraged to apply:
- computer science
- criminal justice
How Do I Apply?
First, submit an online application form. Applications accepted January 1, 2013-March 15, 2013.
Next, submit all of the following supporting documentation (may be submitted separately or together):
- a professor's letter of recommendation
- current official academic transcript to include courses in progress current spring semester
- verification of current spring semester enrollment (required if transcript does not list courses in progress current spring semester)
E-mail documentation to: email@example.com
Mail documentation to:
Mickey Leland Internship Program, MC 116
Human Resources and Staff Development Division
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
PO Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
NOTE: Complete application packages received by the March 15, 2013 deadline have the best opportunity for review and consideration by sponsors/managers.
Incomplete application packages (for example, missing the online application or related documents) may not be considered.
What is the timeline for the 2013 Mickey Leland Internship Program?
|Sponsor Request Forms/Student
Applications Accepted Starting
|January 1, 2013|
|Student Application Deadline||March 15, 2013|
|Sponsors Interview Candidates||April - May 2013|
|Candidates Notified of Selection||April - May 2013|
|Intern Assignments End||August 30, 2013|
|2013 Program Concludes||August 30, 2013|
What are internship expectations?
As an intern, you will be expected to fulfill the duties and responsibilities of the position to which you are assigned. Interns must abide by all policies, procedures, and regulations of the employing agency or organization. This may include drug testing.
Sponsors/mentors will provide you with feedback concerning your performance.