What is the TCEQ National Comments Log?
Specifically, these documents may include staff comments or input regarding:
- Rules, policy changes, initiatives, or programs proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency or other federal agencies affecting TCEQ operations and rules;
- Policy statements or recommendations developed for national associations or groups, such as the Association of State and Territorial Solid Waste Management Officials (ASTSWMO), State and Territorial Air Pollution Program Administrators (STAPPA), the American Water Works Association (AWWA), and the Association of State and Interstate Water Pollution Control Administrators (ASIWPCA);
- Policy statements or recommendations developed for Congress and congressional members or committees;
- TCEQ presentations at nationally-sponsored meetings or conferences which state significant policy positions that have not previously been approved by executive management; and
- Other significant broad-based issues or activities.
Most of the documents on the log have been reviewed by the agency's executive management prior to release, and reflect key junctures in a project or represent a significant position on a key issue. Routine communications relating to developing issues or programs or the transmittal of technical data may not be included.