Houston-Galveston-Brazoria 8-Hour Ozone SIP Modeling (2000 Episode)
The TCEQ conducted meteorological and photochemical modeling to support controls on ozone pollution under the State Implementation Plan in the Houston-Galveston-Brazoria (HGB) ozone non-attainment area for the eight-hour ozone standard. Details on the attainment demonstration modeling setup are provided below.
If you have any question regarding these files, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "HGB 8-Hour Ozone SIP Modeling Files" in the subject line.
Photochemical Modeling Data Files
CAMx Modeling Domain - map projection, horizontal grid and vertical layer structures.
Air Monitoring Sites - information of air quality and meteorological monitoring sites in HGB area.
Observed Air Quality Data (MS Excel) - O3, NO, NO2, CO, and VOC data from monitoring sites in the HGB area on Aug. 15–Sept. 7, 2000.
CAMx Modeling of August 16 – September 6, 2000 HGB Ozone Episode
- Base Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.base1c.pscfoelv1.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Baseline Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.b2000c.pscfolev1.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Future Year 2009 Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.f2009h.cs00.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
- Future Year 2012 Case: camx431_cb4.hgb8h.f2012h.cs00.TCEQuh1_eta_tke
Meteorological Modeling Data Files
MM5 Modeling Domain - map projection, horizontal grid and vertical layer structures.
MM5 Modeling of August 16 – September 6, 2000 HGB Ozone Episode
|Run Name||Main Features|
|TCEQuh1||- Grell cumulus schemes for 108, 36, and 12km domains; no cumulus scheme for 4km domain.
- Analysis nudging was used for 108, 36, and 12km domains; observational nudging using profiler data was used for 4km domain.
- MRF PBL scheme.
- RRTM radiation.
- Texas Forest Service (TFS) Landuse data for hgbpa_04km domain.
- Modified NOAH Land-surface model to use TFS Landuse.
|TCEQuh1_eta||- Same as TCEQuh1 except using ETA instead of MRF PBL scheme.
- Modification to the emissivity in NOAH LSM to improve temperature predictions.
- Standard landuse data.
- 4km domain only