Mass Emissions Cap and Trade Program
Program participants are required to use allowances or discrete emission credits to cover NOX emissions on an annual basis. The allowances available for use each year are capped at a level necessary to attain the National Ambient Air Quality Standards for ozone. Participation from applicable facilities is mandatory.
For more information, including applicability requirements, refer to 30 TAC Chapter 101, Subchapter H, Division 3 Chapter 117, Subchapter B, Division 3 Chapter 117, Subchapter C, Division 3 and Chapter 117, Subchapter D, Division 1.
- Credit and Allowance Registry
Search for sites, companies, projects, portfolios, certificates, etc.
- Credit and Allowance Exchange
Current listing of requests to buy and sell credits and allowances.
- Annual Compliance Report (Form ECT-1)
Submit by March 31 after each control period.
Supplemental Tables for Form ECT-1
Completed example of the Form ECT-1
- Application for Transfer of Allowances (Form ECT-2)
Submit no later than January 30 after the control period.
Completed example of the Form ECT-2
- Level of Activity Certification (Form ECT-3)
Only applicable for certain MECT facilities. Refer to 30 TAC §101.360.
- Application for Permanent Transfer of Allowance Ownership (Form ECT-4)
Submit 30 days prior to transfer.
- Application to Use Allowances for Offset Requirements (Form ECT-4O)
Submit December 2 of the year before the facility begins operation.
- Application for Transfer of Individual Future Year Allowances (Form ECT-5)
Submit to execute transfer.
- Chapter 117 Monitoring and Testing Protocol Options for the MECT Annual Compliance Report
Summary of the monitoring and testing options for units subject to the MECT program to aid in completion of the Form ECT-1.
- Guidance on the Use of Allowances for Nonattainment New Source Review Permit Offset Requirements, October 2013
- Circumvention Trading Memo, January 31, 2003
Policy memo regarding the transfer of allowances.
- Circumvention Trading Memo, September 19, 2003
Revisions to January 31, 2003 Circumvention Trading Memo.
Audits and Summary Reports
- 2006 Audit
Evaluated environmental impacts, program participation, and allowance transfers.
- Trade Report
List of approved allowance trades.
- Summary Reports
Annual summary of allowance allocations, emissions, compliance penalties, and transfers.