SIP Revision: Houston-Galveston-Brazoria, October 27, 1999
On October 27, 1999, the TCEQ adopted a revision to the Texas State Implementation Plan (SIP) the attainment demonstration for the Houston-Galveston-Brazoria (HGB) ozone nonattainment area.
About the Revision
Adoption Date: 10/27/1999
Proposal Date: 06/12/1999
EPA Approval Date: 11/14/2001 (66 FR 57160)
Key Changes: This SIP revision serves as the required next step in the attainment demonstration planning process for the HGB ozone nonattainment area.
The revision contains the following elements:
- Air quality dispersion modeling of specific control strategies for attainment of the one-hour ozone standard in the HGB area by the attainment date of November 15, 2007.
- An analysis of seven specific modeling scenarios reflecting various combinations of federal, state, and local controls in HGB.
- Identification of the level of reductions of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and nitrogen oxides (NOx) necessary to attain the one-hour ozone standard by 2007.
- VOC and NOx motor vehicle emissions budgets necessary for approval of highway projects under transportation conformity rules.
- Identification of specific source categories which, if controlled, could result in sufficient VOC and/or NOx reductions to attain the standard.
- Commitments and schedules to submit other required elements of the attainment demonstration.
SIP Narrative and Misc. Documentation
|Adopted HGB Attainment Demonstration SIP narrative (Part II)||1999-021-SIP-AI|
|Proposed HGB Attainment Demonstration SIP narrative (Part II)||1999-021-SIP-AI|
|Evaluation of Testimony||1999-021-SIP-AI|