SIP Revision: DFW, One-Hour Ozone Attainment Demonstration, March 5, 2003
Summary of the SIP Revision
Adoption Date: 03/05/2003
Proposal Date: 10/23/2002
EPA Approval Date: 03/26/2004 (69 FR 15681)
These amendments to 30 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) Chapter 117 added flexibility to the existing rules on cement kilns in 30 TAC Chapter 117 by:
- adding a technology option for preheater and precalniner kilns,
- expanding the technology option for long wet and long dry kilns,
- allowing emission reduction credits to be used to meet the control requirements for nitrogen oxides (NOx), and
- revising the averaging period for the NOx emission specifications from a 30-day rolling average to a 365-day rolling average.
This SIP revision included a revision to the NOx control strategy for cement kilns, which was already included within the SIP for the DFW area. This SIP revision also included the incorporation of the energy efficiency program.
SIP Narrative and Appendix
Files linked from this page are in Portable Document Format (PDF).
DFW Attainment Demonstration SIP Revision (Project No. 2008-070a-SIP-AI)
- DFW Attainment Demonstration SIP Revision Narrative
- Response to Comments
- Appendix A: Description of the Methodology for Determining Credit for Energy Efficiency