Stationary Source Rules for the Beaumont-Port Arthur Area
Controlling Ozone Pollution
Rules reduce ozone by limiting emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx)and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from stationary sources.
Controlling NOx Emissions
Rules limit NOx emissions from the following sources:
- Adipic Acid Manufacturing
- Major Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional Combustion Sources
- Nitric Acid Manufacturing
- Utility Electric Generation in Ozone Nonattainment Areas
- Water Heaters, Small Boilers, and Process Heaters (rules apply statewide)
Controlling VOC Emissions
Rules limit VOC emissions from the following sources:
Controlling Particulate-Matter Pollution
Statewide rules limit particulate matter emissions and opacity from affected sources.
Controlling Sulfur Dioxide Pollution
Statewide rules limit sulfur dioxide emissions and ground level concentrations from affected sources.
State Implementation Plan
Information on the SIP to improve air quality in the Beaumont–Port Arthur area