Controlling NOx Emissions from Nitric Acid Manufacturing
These rules apply statewide.
- The rules set NOx emission limits for nitric acid production units.
- The rules also contain monitoring, reporting, recordkeeping, and testing requirements.
The Chapter 117 rule history for nitric acid manufacturing discusses revisions to the rules, including their proposal and adoption, the associated State Implementation Plan revision, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approval.
- EPA Test Methods
- EPA performance specifications for continuous emission monitoring systems and CEMS quality assurance procedures
- Protocol for predictive emission monitoring systems referenced in 30 TAC 117.8100(b)
- Preparing summary, excess emission, and continuous monitoring system reports, referenced at 30 TAC 117 (recordkeeping and reporting sections)
- Stakeholder groups that help the agency with air quality issues
- State plan to meet the national ozone standard
- Air permitting and registration
- Tax relief for pollution control property
- Point source emissions inventory