Controlling Sulfur Dioxide Pollution
The rules apply statewide.
Description of Rules
- The rules limit net ground level concentrations of sulfur dioxide (SO2).
The rules also set allowable SO2 emission rates for:
- sulfuric acid plants
- sulfur recovery plants
- steam generators fired by solid fossil fuels
- combustion of liquid fuel
- nonferrous smelter processes
- The rules contain associated compliance, reporting, and record-keeping requirements for affected sources.
The Chapter 112 rule history discusses revisions to the rules, including their proposal and adoption, the associated State Implementation Plan revision, and U.S. Environmental Protection Agency approval.
- The Decision Support System can help you determine if you are subject to the Chapter 112 rules
- Resources to help small businesses and local governments
- State plan to meet the national SO2 standard
- Air permitting and registration
- Tax relief for pollution control property
- Point source emissions inventory