Controlling VOC Emissions from Automotive Windshield-Washer Fluid
The rules apply statewide.
- Applies to anyone who sells, supplies, distributes, or manufactures automotive windshield-washer fluid for use in Texas.
- Limits the windshield washer fluid to 23.5% VOCs.
- Requires testing to determine the windshield-fluid VOC content and maintaining appropriate records.
The Chapter 115 rule history discusses revisions to the rules, including the rule proposal and adoption, the associated revision to the State Implementation Plan, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s approval of the rules.
- Resources for small businesses and local governments
- American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) Standards
- EPA Test Methods
- EPA performance specifications for continuous emission-monitoring systems and CEMS quality-assurance procedures
- Stakeholder groups that help the agency with air quality issues
- State plan to meet the national ozone standard
- Air permitting and registration
- Tax relief for pollution-control property
- Point source emissions inventory