Tax Relief: Appealing a Use Determination
How to Appeal a Use Determination
An appeal request must be in writing and must be filed with the TCEQ’s Chief Clerk within 20 days after the receipt of the use determination letter. If an appeal request is not filed within the designated time period, the TCEQ's use determination is final.
An appeal request must include:
- the name, address, and phone number of the person filing the appeal;
- the name and address of the recipient who received the use determination;
- the application number for the use determination;
- a request that the commission reconsider the use determination; and
- an explanation of the basis for the appeal.
- An appeal request is filed with the TCEQ's Chief Clerk.
- The TCEQ's Chief Clerk will deliver a copy of the appeal to the TCEQ Executive Director and all other parties named in the appeal.
- The TCEQ's general counsel will schedule the appeal for consideration at a Commissioners' Agenda.
- During the Commissioners' Agenda, the applicant, the chief appraiser of the property tax appraisal district, the TCEQ’s public-interest counsel, and a representative of the Executive Director may testify. The Commission may remand the matter for a new use determination or deny the appeal and affirm the Executive Director's use determination.
- If the Commission remands a use determination to the Executive Director, further review of the original Use Determination application will be conducted for a possible re-issuance of a new use determination. If re-issued, a copy of the new use determination will be mailed to the applicable parties.
- The appeal process can begin again.
- An appeal request may be withdrawn by the party whom filed the appeal.
More Questions? Contact the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program!
For more information, please contact the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Property Program by:
Tax Relief for Pollution-Control Property, MC 110
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 512-239-4900
- Fax: 512-239-6188
Sign up for e-mail updates from the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program
Subscribe to the TCEQ’s Email List Service to receive e-mail notices whenever new information is added to the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program web pages.
Are you a new subscriber? Click “Sign up for e-mail updates” and do the following:
- Enter and confirm your e-mail address.
- From the list of choices, look under Air Quality and select "Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program."
- Select other subscriptions if you wish, then click "Save."
- The system will then send you a confirmation e-mail to accept.
You can unsubscribe, change your e-mail address, or choose additional options from the link on this page or from the update e-mails you receive.
Already a subscriber with us? Access your user profile to add this subscription.