Tax Relief for Pollution Control Properties
- Hot Topics
Current issues related to the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Property Program.
How to Obtain a Property Tax Exemption for Pollution Control Property
- Submit a Use Determination for Pollution Control Property Application (TCEQ-00611) to the TCEQ and pay the associated fees.
- Receive a positive use determination from the TCEQ that confirms the property is used for pollution control purposes.
- Submit an Application for Pollution Control Property Tax Exemption, Form 50-248 , along with the positive use determination received from the TCEQ, to the applicable local tax appraisal district(s) to request a property tax exemption.
Important: It is your responsibility to submit the property tax exemption request to the applicable local tax appraisal district; the TCEQ will not do it for you. The property tax exemption request must be filed by April 30th to apply to the current tax year.
Links with this symbol indicate the file is provided in PDF format.
Updated October 2014
More Questions? Contact the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Property Program!
For more information, please contact the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Property Program by:
Tax Relief for Pollution Control Property, MC 110
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 512-239-4900
- Fax: 512-239-6188
Sign up for e-mail updates from the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program
Subscribe to the TCEQ’s Email List Service to receive e-mail notices whenever new information is added to the Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program web pages.
Are you a new subscriber? Click “Sign up for e-mail updates” and do the following:
- Enter and confirm your e-mail address.
- From the list of choices, look under Air Quality and select "Tax Relief for Pollution Control Program."
- Select other subscriptions if you wish, then click "Save."
- The system will then send you a confirmation e-mail to accept.
You can unsubscribe, change your e-mail address, or choose additional options from the link on this page or from the update e-mails you receive.
Already a subscriber with us? Access your user profile to add this subscription.