Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program
A Program of the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP)
With the 83rd Texas Legislature enacting Senate Bill 1727, the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has revised the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive (LDPLI) Program to be a statewide program to provide financial incentives up to $2,500 for the purchase or lease of eligible new vehicles powered by compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), or electric drives (plug-in). The TCEQ has revised 30 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 114, Subchapter K, Division 2, §§114.610 - 114.612, 114.616, and 114.619.
|The TCEQ is currently accepting LDPLI grant applications. The program closing date has been extended to Wednesday, July 8, 2015. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until 5:00 p.m. on July 8, 2015, or until all funding is awarded, whichever occurs earlier.
Please note: Only purchases made on or after May 13, 2014 are eligible to apply for a Rebate grant.
|Amount of Funds Remaining:
(as of June 29, 2015)
- How to Apply
- LDLPI Documents
- What Vehicles Are Eligible for an Incentive?
- Dealer and Leasing Company Reservation Information
- Notice to Vehicle Manufacturers (PDF)
- Manufacturer's Annual Report Form on the Availability of Eligible Certified Light-Duty Motor Vehicles
- Qualified Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Tax Credit
- Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit (IRC 30D)
- Contact Information
How to Apply
The TCEQ is currently accepting applications for the purchase or lease of new eligible vehicles powered by compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), or electric drive (plug-in). To apply for a Rebate grant under the LDPLI, applicants must purchase or lease from a dealership or leasing company authorized to sell or lease new vehicles in Texas.
Once you have determined that your purchase may be eligible, download the application form and follow these steps:
- Download copies of the application form and Notice of Rebates document, or call the TCEQ directly (512/239-4950) to obtain copies of these documents.
- Review the document to determine if your purchase is eligible for funding. If needed, contact TCEQ TERP staff to discuss your project.
- Download or obtain copies of the application form.
- Follow the directions below for completing and submitting the application forms.
|2014 Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive (LDLPI) Application Form (TCEQ-20684)*||Excel|
|Terms and Conditions||N/A|
|Notice of Rebates (NoR) Document||N/A|
|Addendum No. 1||N/A|
Please submit ONE complete original application to the following address. Forms may be typed or completed by hand. Please sign the application form in blue ink. The application form must have original signatures and not be photocopied.
*If using Adobe Acrobat (PDF files), print the entire application and complete it. Forms may be typed or completed by hand. Please sign the application form in blue ink. Illegible or incomplete applications will be returned.
*If using Excel, you may fill out the application electronically and print when complete. Please note: each application page is on individual Excel worksheets in a workbook. You can access each worksheet by using the tabs located at the bottom of each page.
Printing: When printing from Excel: (1) Click on “File.” (2) Click on “Print.” (3) Under “Print What,” select “Entire Workbook.”
The TCEQ requires—
ONE complete set of the following:
- Rebate Application Form (TCEQ-20684)
- A copy of the executed purchase/lease agreement of the eligible vehicle
- If applying as an individual or sole proprietor, a photocopy of a state or federal identification card must be included
- A copy of a completed application for Texas title and registration
Mail the completed forms to:
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Implementation Grants Section (LDPLI), MC204
P.O. Box 13087
Austin, TX 78711-3087
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Implementation Grants Section (LDLPI), MC-204
12100 Park 35 Circle
Austin, TX 78753
Applications may also be hand delivered to TCEQ at the reception desk, Room 1301, 1st floor, Building F.
What Vehicles Are Eligible for an Incentive?
TCEQ is responsible for compiling reports from vehicle manufacturers regarding LDPLI eligible vehicles and making that information available.
Dealer and Leasing Company Reservation Information
Reservation requests are no longer being accepted.
Manufacturer's Annual Report Form on the Availability of Eligible Certified Light-Duty Motor Vehicles
If you manufacture light-duty motor vehicles that would qualify for the LDPLI and you intend to sell these vehicles in Texas, you must submit an annual report to the TCEQ no later than July 1st of each year in order to place the vehicles on the eligible list.
|Manufacturer's Annual Report Form:||or|
The TCEQ issues guidelines for vehicle manufacturers to follow in identifying which vehicles are eligible for an incentive.
For questions and updates regarding the LDPLI program, please contact Camen Gupta at 512-239-4966 or TERP staff at 800-919-TERP (8377).
The TCEQ is committed to accessibility. If you would like to request a more accessible version of these documents, please contact the TERP program at 800-919-TERP (8377).