The TCEQ is now accepting applications for funding consideration under the Texas Clean Fleet Program (TCFP). Applications must be received at the front desk, Rm. 1301, 1st floor of Building F on the premises of the TCEQ by no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time, November 10, 2015.
Reports and Information
How Do I Know if I Am Eligible for a Grant?
This section lists general information about eligible applicants, eligible counties, and the types of projects that may be eligible for grant funding. For complete information on the types of projects and expenses that may be eligible for grant funding, refer to the latest Request for Grant Applications (RFGA).
- Eligible applicants include those that operate a fleet of 75 or more on-road vehicles in Texas. The fleet must include at least 20 on-road diesel vehicles that are eligible for replacement under the TCFP.
- Eligible applicants include individuals, corporations, organizations, governments or governmental subdivisions or agencies, school districts, business trusts, partnerships, associations, or any other legal entity.
- Eligible applicants must have the legal authority to dispose of the vehicle being replaced in accordance with the requirements outlined in the RFGA.
Vehicles eligible for replacement or repower:
- Applications may be submitted to replace at least 20 existing on-road diesel vehicles with eligible hybrid or alternative fuel vehicles. Vehicles eligible for replacement include:
- On-road heavy-duty diesel vehicles with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) greater than 8,500 lbs.
- On-road light-duty diesel vehicles with a GVWR under 10,000 lbs.
- Applicants must certify that vehicles eligible for replacement are in good operating condition with at least two years of remaining useful life.
- For at least the two years immediately preceding the date of application, vehicles eligible for replacement must have been:
- owned, leased, or commercially financed by the grant applicant; and
- continually registered in Texas.
Vehicles eligible for purchase:
- Vehicles eligible for purchase must be of the same category, description, and weight range or classification as the vehicle being replaced.
- Vehicles eligible for purchase must be new and be powered by an engine certified by the EPA to the applicable federal emissions standard.
- Vehicles eligible for purchase must be powered by an engine certified by the EPA to emit at least 25% less nitrogen oxides (NOx) than the vehicle being replaced.
- The vehicle being purchased must be a hybrid vehicle or fueled by an alternative fuel. The following are the types of Alternative Fuels that can be used with the replacement vehicle:
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Propane (LPG)
- Methanol, 85% by Volume (M85)
Operation Requirements for Grant Funded Vehicles
Vehicles funded under the TCFP are intended to reduce emissions of NOx while promoting the use of alternative fuels in Texas. Vehicles funded under the TCFP must be operated by the grantee not less than 75% of the time in Texas. For this grant round, at least 25% of the annual mileage of the replacement vehicle purchased under this program must occur in one or more of the eligible counties identified in the RFGA. Applicants must indicate in the application a commitment to operate the vehicles at least 25%, 50%, or 75% of the annual mileage in the eligible counties.
Return to top
Return to top
TERP Meetings & Workshops
I Just Received a TERP Grant-Now What?