TNGVGP: How Do I Apply for a Grant?
The TCEQ is now accepting applications from entities that own and operate heavy-duty or medium-duty motor vehicles to replace the vehicle with a natural gas vehicle or repower the vehicle with a natural gas engine. Applications must be received at the front desk, Rm. 1301, 1st floor of Building F on the premises of the TCEQ by no later than 5:00 p.m. Central Time, May 26, 2017.
Interested entities should review the Request For Grant Applications (RFGA) and TNGVGP Example Contract and contact a Participating Dealer for assistance with completing and submitting the Application Forms.
Follow these steps:
STEP 1: Download and review copies of the RFGA and TNGVGP Example Contract.
- Request For Grant Applications (RFGA) (PDF): The RFGA is the formal announcement of funding opportunities under the TNGVGP, and serves as a guide for determining applicant eligibility.
- TNGVGP Example Contract (PDF): The TNGVGP Example Contract contains the terms and conditions which are the legal criteria that an applicant must follow if awarded a grant under the TNGVGP.
STEP 2: Select a Participating Dealer from the list below.
Verify with the Participating Dealer that your project meets the eligibility requirements outlined in the RFGA.
STEP 3: Assist the Participating Dealer in completing the application forms and submitting the application forms and required documentation to the TCEQ on your behalf.
Application forms should be completed electronically, printed, and signed where indicated.
Note: Applications must be submitted by the Participating Dealer.
Questions on obtaining the RFGA and TNGVGP Terms & Conditions, locating a Participating Dealer, or determining the eligibility of a project? Contact TERP staff to discuss.
Tools and Links
- List of Eligible Vehicles and Engines (PDF): This document lists vehicles and engines that meet the required emissions standards for nitrogen oxides (NOx) to be eligible for a grant under this program.
- Emissions Reduction Calculator (Excel): This calculator is provided to assist the applicant in the estimation of potential emissions reductions resulting from replacement or repower projects funded under this program.
- Determining the Emission Standard for the Vehicle or Engine to be Replaced or Repowered (PDF): These tables are provided to assist the applicant in determining the applicable NOx emissions factor and engine family code for the vehicle or engine being replaced or repowered.