TNGVGP: How to Apply
A Program of the Texas Emissions Reduction Plan (TERP)
- Are applications being accepted under this program?
- What Projects Are Eligible for a Grant?
- How Do I Apply for a Grant?
- TNGVGP Request for Grant Applications (RFGA) and Application Forms
- TNGVGP Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Map of TNGVGP Eligible Counties (PDF)
- Emissions Reduction Calculator
- After a Grant is Awarded (Reimbursement, Disposition, and Monitoring/Usage Reporting Forms)
- Contact Information
Are applications being accepted under this program?
Yes. The TCEQ is accepting applications for funding under the TNGVGP. Grant applicants must apply for these grants through Participating Dealers under contract with the TCEQ. Applications that are completed without the assistance of a Participating Dealer under contract with the TCEQ will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted up to May 31, 2015, at 5:00 p.m., or until all funding is awarded, whichever occurs earlier.
What Projects Are Eligible for a Grant?
Eligible Projects. Projects eligible for funding under the TNGVGP are intended to reduce emissions of nitrogen oxides (NOx) while promoting the use of natural gas in Texas. Vehicles funded under the TNGVGP must be operated by the grantee in one or more eligible counties as explained in the Request for Grant Applications (RFGA). The types of projects that will be considered are:
- Replacement of on-road diesel or gasoline vehicles (8,501 pounds or greater)
- Repower of on-road diesel or gasoline vehicles (8,501 pounds or greater)
- Vehicles funded under the TNGVGP must be powered by an engine receiving 75 percent or more of its power from compressed or liquefied natural gas.
How Do I Apply for a Grant?
Follow these steps:
- Download copies of the RFGA and TNGVGP Terms and Conditions, or call or visit with a Participating Dealer directly to obtain copies of these documents.
- Review the RFGA with a Participating Dealer to determine if your entity and project meet the eligibility requirements. If needed, contact the TCEQ’s TNGVGP staff to discuss.
- A Participating Dealer must assist you with completing and submitting the Application Forms.
All application forms should be typed and signed in the appropriate places. Applications must be submitted by the Participating Dealer through the TERPonline Web site.
TNGVGP Application Forms
- Request for Grant Applications (RFGA)
- TNGVGP Terms and Conditions
- W-9 Form - Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification
- Application Forms:
A Participating Dealer must assist with the completion and submission of the Application Forms