Area-Source Standards for Nine Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories
On July 23, 2008, the EPA published the final rule for National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP): Area Source Standards for Nine Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories. This rule is in addition to other TCEQ rules you must follow.
Operations common to metal fabrication and finishing facilities that would be affected by this rule include:
- electrical and electronic equipment finishing;
- fabrication of metal products;
fabricating plate works (boiler shops);
- fabrication involving structural metal manufacturing;
- heating equipment (except electric);
- industrial machinery and equipment finishing operations;
- iron and steel forging;
- primary metal products manufacturing; and
- valves and pipe fittings industries.
- EPA Questions and Answers
- EPA Brochure with applicability information for Subpart XXXXXX
- EPA Brief Summary/Fact Sheet
- EPA Flow Charts For Determining Compliance Requirements: Nine Metal Fabrication and Finishing Source Categories Area Source NESHAP (Subpart XXXXXX)
- EPA SIC/NAICS Applicability Charts for Nine Metal Fabrication and Finishing Sources affected by Subpart XXXXXX (Excel)
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.