EnviroMentor Help for Small Businesses and Local Governments
- What is an EnviroMentor?
- Do I qualify to receive EnviroMentor Assistance?
- How do I get help from an EnviroMentor?
What is an EnviroMentor
EnviroMentors are qualified professionals with technical or legal expertise on environmental issues who volunteer to help small businesses, local governments and ISDs with state environmental rules. Many EnviroMentors are private-sector consultants. Some are engineers; others are successful professionals (for example, a wastewater system operator) who provide peer-to-peer advice.
Do I qualify to receive EnviroMentor assistance?
To receive free, confidential help from environmental professionals, you must:
- Be a small business with 100 or fewer employees, or a local government;
- Be committed to complying with state rules to protect the environment, and to correcting violations as soon as possible;
- Be unable to afford to hire a consultant.
How do I get help from an EnviroMentor?
Contact a Small Business and Local Government Assistance specialist in the TCEQ region where you are located. A specialist will provide you with the necessary paperwork and get you started. Then, the EnviroMentor coordinator will review the information and match you with an EnviroMentor whose expertise matches your needs.