Assistance Tools for Minor Sources of Nitrogen Oxides: Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Eight-Hour Nonattainment Area
The following information applies to minor source facilities only in the Houston–Galveston–Brazoria eight-hour ozone nonattainment area. (Read more about nonattainment areas.)
Many of the documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF), Microsoft Word (DOC), or Microsoft Excel (XLS). (Help with downloading files).
Rules for Combustion Sources (Equipment)
Owners/operators of facilities will need to determine their requirements for complying with rules for controlling NOx emissions from certain combustion sources, which include equipment such as these:
- process heaters,
- stationary engines, and
For more information, read the rule Houston-Galveston-Brazoria Eight-Hour Ozone Nonattainment Area Minor Sources (30 TAC, Chapter 117, Subchapter D, Division 1).
Assistance Tools and Forms
- Is my boiler, process heater, stationary engine, or turbine regulated by the Minor Source NOx Rule? (RG-440a)
Equipment Profile Worksheet
- How do I calculate the emissions from my boiler, process heater, stationary engines and turbines? (RG-440b)
Calculation Spreadsheet for Natural Gas-Fired Boilers-to assist in determining your NOx emissions, potential to emit, and whether your equipment is included in the Mass Emission Cap and Trade Program.
Please Note: A revised version of the boiler calculation spreadsheet was posted on December 30, 2008. If you downloaded it prior to the revision, please replace it with the current version. Also, the revised version requires that macros are enabled to function properly.
- What are the recordkeeping and reporting requirements of the Minor Source NOx Rule (Boilers, Process Heaters, Stationary Engines, Turbines)? (RG-440c)
Minor Source NOx Rules for Partially Exempt Engines
Sample Logs to Download
The following documents are in Word (DOC) format.
- Emergency Engine Operation
- Diesel or Dual-fuel Engine Testing and Maintenance Operations
- Daily Engine Operations
- Annual Fuel Usage
- “Exempt” School Boiler Monthly Operations: Independent School District Boiler Fuel
- Total Monthly Fuel Usage for Site
- Engines Emissions
- Daily Emissions: Non-exempt Equipment with a NOx CEMS or PEMS: Rolling 30-day Average
- Daily Emissions: Non-exempt Equipment with a NOx CEMS or PEMS: Block One-Hour Average
- 30-day Rolling Averages and Calculations (download an Example.)