Local Government Assistance
- Texas Emission Reduction Plan (TERP) – This program provides financial incentives to eligible individuals, businesses, or local governments to reduce emissions from polluting vehicles and equipment.
- State Implementation Plans (SIPs) – This is the state’s comprehensive plan to clean the air and meet federal air quality standards.
- Today’s Texas Air Quality Forecast – The latest forecast for air quality conditions in Texas' metropolitan areas.
- Stormwater – This Web page provides a link to the TCEQ’s assistance tools for industrial, construction, and municipal separate storm sewer system (MSR) permitting.
- Pesticide General Permit – This Web page provides general information on the pesticide general permit for stakeholders and interested parties.
Water-Right Permits: Annual Water-Use Report – Report forms and guidance for submitting the annual water-use report for holders of water-right permits.
Public Water Supply
- Drought–This comprehensive Web page provides information to help make better decisions about water use.
- Drought Contingency Planning–Information and templates to help public drinking water systems create drought contingency plans.
- Drinking Water–This Web page provides information, guidance, and forms for public drinking water systems.
- Wastewater Treatment Plants – Resources for owners and operators of wastewater treatment facilities.
- Fats, Oils, & Grease (FOG) – This Web page provides information on the proper disposal in order to keep FOG out of sewer and septic systems.
- Sanitary Sewer Overflows (SSOs)
- Unauthorized Discharges and Sanitary Sewer Overflows (RG-395) – This guide explains the rules and reporting requirements for unauthorized discharges and overflows from sanitary sewers.
- Sanitary Sewer Overflow Initiative (GI-389) – This guide summarizes the TCEQ’s SSO initiative, including goals and requirements.
- On-Site Septic Facilities (OSSF)
Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Topics – This Web page provides information on MSW management, public participation, and requirements for obtaining authorization to process or dispose of waste.
- Resources – The Web page provides information on resources for local governments to manage municipal solid waste issues, including illegal dumping and littering
- Petroleum Storage Tanks (PST) – Owners and operators of PSTs can find regulatory guidance and forms for operators of PSTs on this Web page.
- Scrap Tires – Information on the collection, processing, recycling, and disposal of scrap tires.
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG-513)
- Recycling – This Web page provides information on storage limits and recordkeeping and reporting requirements for operations that recycle materials diverted from municipal solid waste streams.
- Electronics Recycling – This Web page educates consumers, users, and recyclers of electronic products.
- Composting – This Web page provides information on converting household waste into a rich organic mixture that can be used on potted plants, lawns, gardens, or applied to large tracts of land to prevent pollution and erosion.
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) – Find local contacts, resources, and general information on HHW programs.
- Disposal of Nuisance or Abandoned Buildings: Compliance Resources
- Assistance for Public Water and Wastewater Systems – Through a contract with skilled professionals, this program offers free financial, managerial, and technical assistance to help public water and wastewater systems comply with regulations.
- Rural Ombudsman – The TCEQ’s Rural Ombudsman acts as a liaison between rural local governments and the agency.
- Small Business & Local Government Assistance (SBLGA) Program – SBLGA provides confidential compliance assistance to small businesses and local governments without the threat of enforcement.
- Call us toll free at 800-447-2827
- EnviroMentor (EM) Program – EMs are qualified environmental professionals who volunteer their time to assist on specific tasks.
- Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program – The C2 Program offers free, confidential, on-site compliance assessments of specific types of facilities owned and operated by local governments, independently owned and operated small businesses, and independent school districts.
- Small Business and Local Government Advisory Committees – These committees provide small businesses and local governments with a voice in the regulatory process and help promote environmental quality.
- Agency Calendars– Find out the TCEQ’s schedule for:
- Advisory groups and stakeholder meetings
- Training and workshops
- Commission agendas and work sessions
- Public hearings and meetings on proposed permits
- Public hearings on proposed rules
- Grants and Funding Sources – This document lists resources available to defray costs associated with upgrading water and wastewater systems.
- TCEQ Regional Office Contact Information
- Rules and Rulemaking – View and download current TCEQ rules, find out about rulemaking projects, and read agreements the TCEQ has with other state agencies.
- Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEPs) – Find information on this Web page about environmentally beneficial projects that a respondent agrees to undertake as part of an agency-initiated enforcement action.
- Environmental Crime – These resources provide training to local, state, and federal law enforcement officers on criminal environmental violations.
- Landscape Irrigation – Landscape irrigators can locate licensing requirements and regulations on this website.
- Occupational Licensing – Learn about the requirements for various occupational licenses issued by the TCEQ.
- Flood – After the Flood: Is your Water Safe?
- Dam Safety Program – The TCEQ’s Dam Safety Program monitors and regulates both private and public dams in the state.
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.