Auto Body Shops: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Auto Body Shops
- Permit by Rule 106.436
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Paint Spray Booths–Spray booth information and examples of acceptable and unacceptable stack designs.
- NESHAP Assistance Tools for Auto Body, Surface Coating, and Paint Stripping
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste: Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Requirements for Used and Scrap Tire Generators (RG513)
Compliance Overview Tools
- EPA's Collision Repair Campaign page. The CRC provides compliance assistance tools and resources for the auto body industry.
- Answers for Environmental Questions from Auto Body Shops
- Auto Body Compliance Checklist (PDF)
- Pollution Prevention for Auto Body Shops
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.