Car Washes: Compliance Resources
AirDe Minimis- determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule. (30 TAC 116.119).
- Am I a Public Water System? If you have a private well, you may be a public water system.
- You're a Public Water System…Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
- Without access to sewer service, you must obtain other authorization to discharge dirty water. Use the following links to determine if the Industrial Reclaimed Water Reuse Permit is right for you.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Operators should pay particular attention to the options allowed under the 30 TAC 210e rule.
- What to do with Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Special Waste Regulations in Texas (RG-029)
- Permit Exemption for Drying Car Wash Grit Trap Waste (30 TAC 330.13 (h))
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Petroleum Storage Tank Registrations: Am I Regulated?—Explains which petroleum storage tanks (PSTs) are regulated.
Compliance Overview Tools
- Environmental Rules for Car Washes (RG-434)
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.