Foundries: Compliance Resources
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Foundries
- Non-Attainment/Near Non-Attainment Map (PDF) (Help with PDF)
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Stormwater Permit Information
- Water: What Is My Source
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Classification and Coding of Industrial and Hazardous Waste (RG-022)–Assists generators of industrial and hazardous waste in meeting the requirements of self waste classification.
- Waste Reduction Policy Act
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
Compliance Overview Tools
- Foundries Checklist
- Texas Cast Metals Association
- Foundry Industry Recycling Starts Today (FIRST)
- Beneficial Reuse of Foundry Sand
- Foundry Sand
- Tier II, TRI, and 112(r): A Comparison
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.