Oil and Gas Facilities: Publications and Guidance Documents
- Who Regulates Oil and Gas Activities in Texas? – This document will help you determine who regulates various activities related to the oil and gas industry.
- Common Environmental Requirements for Regulated Oil and Gas Operations (RG-482) – Explains agency regulations on oil and gas exploration and production. Not a comprehensive review of such regulations.
- RV Parks: Am I Regulated? (RG-499) – A resource to determine if activities at an RV park are regulated by the TCEQ.
- Transporter and Hauler Requirements–Common questions and answers for transporting waste
- Disposal of Special Wastes Associated with the Development of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources (RG-003) – Offers recommendations for the management of wastes associated with the exploration, development, or production of oil, gas, or geothermal resources regulated by the Railroad Commission of Texas and that are being disposed of in municipal solid waste landfills permitted by the TCEQ.
- Prevent Illegal Dumping: A Guide for Local Governments (RG-455) – Information on addressing common problems associated with illegal dumping.
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234) – Handbook that offers assistance with federal and state rules on hazardous waste management.
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480) – A guidance document with answers to questions about the proper disposal of empty waste containers.
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix – A tool to help determine what type of waste a facility may have.
- Classification and Coding of Industrial and Hazardous Waste (RG-022) – Assists generators of industrial and hazardous waste in meeting the requirements of self-waste classification.
- Special Waste Regulations in Texas (RG-029) – A guidance document about special waste disposal in Texas.
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370) – How wastes from painting can be managed more economically and conveniently under the Universal Waste Rule, as opposed to managing them as hazardous waste.
- Step-by-Step Guide to Registration, Operating, and Reporting Requirements for Transporting Sludge Wastes in Texas (RG-309) – Explains state environmental rules for transporters of sewage sludge, domestic septage, chemical toilet waste, grease-trap waste, grit-trap waste, sludge from drinking water treatment plants, and similar wastes in Texas.
- Transporting Wastes in Texas (RG-086) – Highlights applicable regulations and agency contact information for transporters of hazardous waste and certain other wastes, including asbestos, medical waste, used oil and used oil filters, scrap tires, municipal solid waste, and municipal sludge.
- You're a PWS...Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
- Requirements for Reclaimed Water – Questions and answers on common municipal and industrial reclaimed-water issues.
Compliance Overview Tools
Please click on one of the following links for more information about oil and gas compliance.