Oil and Gas Facilities: Additional Information
Many documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) (Help with PDF).
Additional Compliance Information and Resources
- Spills – An environmental emergency, discharge, or spill may be required to be reported.
- Best Management Practices (BMP) – All oil and gas facilities should implement a BMP procedure at their site that includes a dedicated preventative maintenance procedure. Employees should ensure that all piping is structurally secure and intact, all hatches are closed with properly maintained gaskets, and all valves are closed unless otherwise intended. These practices are financially and environmentally advantageous. For more information on best management practices and additional opportunities to improve operating efficiency, please see the Natural Gas STAR Program Recommended Technologies and Practices.
- Combustion Portal – Environmental compliance for combustion processes
- Barnett Shale Geological Area – Information on Barnett Shale activities
- Hydraulic Fracturing – Frequently Asked Questions
- Outdoor Burning – Guidance on outdoor burning rules and exceptions
Please click on one of the following links for more information about oil and gas compliance.