Surface Coating: Compliance Resources
- Surface Coating Facilities–A guide to obtaining air authorization in Texas. (RG-404)
- Surface Coating Facilities: Emissions Calculation Spreadsheet–This Excel spreadsheet assists with emission calculations.
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Surface Coating
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Certification and Registration Form for a Permit by Rule
- Paint Spray Booths–Spray booth information and examples of acceptable and unacceptable stack designs.
- NESHAP Assistance Tools for Auto Body, Surface Coating, and Paint Stripping
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Stormwater Permit Information
- Water: What Is My Source
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
Compliance Overview Tools
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.