Surface Coating: Compliance Resources
- Surface Coating Facilities–A guide to obtaining air authorization in Texas. (RG-404)
- Surface Coating Facilities: Emissions Calculation Spreadsheet–This Excel spreadsheet assists with emission calculations.
- Industry-Specific Permits by Rule for Surface Coating
- De Minimis–Determine if your site is covered under the De Minimis rule.
- Certification and Registration Form for a Permit by Rule
- Paint Spray Booths–Spray booth information and examples of acceptable and unacceptable stack designs.
- NESHAP Assistance Tools for Auto Body, Surface Coating, and Paint Stripping
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Stormwater Permit Information
- Water: What Is My Source
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)