Dry Cleaners: Compliance Resources
Some documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). (Help with PDF).
2008 MACT Requirements for PERC Facilities
Effective July 27, 2008, owners and operators of facilities using perchloroethylene (PERC or PCE) solvents must comply with new requirements and standards.
New Requirements for Perc Dry Cleaners– (The Advocate, April-June 2008)
New and existing facilities must certify compliance with new, federal maximum achievable control technology (MACT) standards found in 40 CFR Part 63, Subpart M.
New 2011 Requirements for Petroleum Facilities in the Dallas-Fort Worth Area
Effective May 21, 2011, dry cleaning facilities in Collin, Dallas, Denton, and Tarrant counties that use a hydrocarbon dry cleaning solvent manufactured through petroleum distillation, such as naphtha and Stoddard solvent, must comply with new standards and requirements.
- Weekly Hydrocarbon Dry Cleaner Leak Inspections and Hydrocarbon Dry Cleaner Service and Repair Log–Use these forms to document that weekly leak inspections have been conducted, and that required repairs have been completed within three working days to meet the TCEQ's requirements.
- TCEQ’s 30 TAC 115, Subchapter F, Division 4 in HTML or PDF.
Other Air Resources
- Am I a Public Water System? If you have a private well, you may be a public water system.
- You're a Public Water System…Now What? (RG-496) – A guide for rules and regulations that apply to public water systems, especially for those who may have recently learned they own a PWS.
- Permitting a Septic System You must check with your local permitting authority, and you can use a septic system for toilet and kitchen wastewater only. Process water is prohibited.
- If you are connected to a sewer system, contact your local Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTW) before discharging to their system.
- If you are not connected to a POTW, you may containerize your wastewater for disposal, apply for an industrial re-use authorization, or apply for an individual permit.
- Instructions and Application to Use Industrial Reclaimed Water
- Industrial Wastewater Discharges: The Permit Process
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix
Compliance Overview Tools
- Dry Cleaner: Am I Regulated?–Dry Cleaning Registration Program
- Compliance Guide for Dry Cleaners (RG-479)
- Dry Cleaning Facility Registration Form
- Dry Cleaning Drop Station Registration Form
- Dry Cleaner Remediation Program
- Search for a Registered Dry Cleaner Facility
- Dry Cleaners Compliance Checklist
- Fact Sheet–List of major federal regulations and standards affecting petroleum cleaners from the EPA.
- EPA Plain English Guide for Perc Cleaners
- Garment and Textile Care Publications from the EPA
- Delinquent Fees
- Your business could be eligible for a free environmental compliance assessment. For more information, visit our Compliance Commitment (C2) Site Visit Program website.