Water Compliance Resources
Public Water Supply: Compliance Resources – Information, guidance, and forms for public water systems in Texas.
Obtaining Approval for a New or Existing Public Water System
- Texas Water Infrastructure Coordination Committee (TWICC) – Committee to identify funding strategies for water and wastewater infrastructure.
- Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) - Financial Assistance – Information on loan and grant programs administered by the TWDB.
Drought Planning for Public Water Systems
- TCEQ Drought Contingency Planning – Information about water use restrictions, drought contingency planning, and water conservation.
Asset Management for Public Water Systems
- Managing Small Public Water Systems (RG-501) – A five-part series helping owners, managers, or operators of small water utilities understand and comply with rules and develop tools for planning and operation.
Water at Your R.V. Park or Temporary Housing Site
- RV Parks: Am I Regulated (RG-499) – How to comply with TCEQ rules at your RV park.
Sampling, Record Keeping and Reporting
- Wastewater Treatment Plants – Provides reporting and compliance information for wastewater treatment plants, including wastewater compliance spreadsheets and compliance tools.
- Troubleshooting Bacteria Effluent from Wastewater Treatment Plants (RG-515) – regulatory guidance to help wastewater systems minimize bacteria in effluent
Notification forms and reporting
- Water Quality Noncompliance Notification (TCEQ-00501) (PDF) – form to notify the TCEQ of a water quality noncompliance or unauthorized discharge
- Public Notification Form for Wastewater Discharges (TCEQ-20627) (DOCX) – form to notify the public that an unauthorized discharge has occurred
- EPA NPDES Reporting Requirement Handbook – Walks users through how to report using DMRs
Wastewater Compliance Spreadsheets and Tools
- Geometric Mean Calculator for Wastewater – Interactive calculator to compute the geometric mean on a set of numbers to assist with completion of discharge monitoring reports (DMR) for domestic wastewater facilities.
- Minor Discharge - Rectangular Weir with End Contractions
- Minor Discharge V-Notch Weir
- Texas Land Application Permits (TLAP) - Rectangular Weir with End Contractions
- TLAP V-Notch Weir
- On-Site Sewage Facilities – Information on permitting a Septic System
- Edwards Aquifer: Compliance Resources – Information and resources for small-business owners and local governments planning any construction activity over the Edwards Aquifer in Texas.
- Edwards Aquifer Protection Program – Tools, guidance and other information regarding the Edwards Aquifer Protection Program which serves to regulate activities, including construction, that have the potential for polluting the Edwards Aquifer.