Waste Compliance Resources
Municipal Solid Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)–Find local contacts, resources, and general information on HHW programs.
- Traditional Municipal Solid Waste Disposal: A Guide for Local Governments (RG-469)
- Resources on Managing Municipal Solid Waste
- What Do I Do With It Now? A Quick Guide to Recycling Resources (GI-288)
- Recycling: Am I Regulated?
- Regulations, Resources, and Guidance on Recycling Electronic Equipment
- Composting– Information for professionals and homeowners on composting regulations
- Resource Exchange Network for Eliminating Waste (RENEW) Listings
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325)-Guidance for Used Oil Handlers.
Hazardous and Industrial Waste
- Hazardous and Industrial Waste-Am I Regulated?
- Nonhazardous Industrial Waste Storage, Treatment, or Disposal: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Classification and Coding of Industrial and Hazardous Waste (RG-022)-Assists generators of industrial and hazardous waste in meeting the requirements of self waste classification.
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix-For help making a hazardous waste determination.
- Waste Reduction Policy Act
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way-Information regarding Universal Waste rules in Texas.
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
Other Waste Topics
- Special Waste Regulations in Texas (RG-029)
- Petroleum Storage Tanks (PST)–Owners and operators of PSTs can find regulatory guidance and forms for operators of PSTs on this Web page.
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Agricultural Waste Pesticides – Information about agricultural waste pesticides and the importance of their proper disposal or recycling.
- Mercury Convenience Switches
- Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Permit Exemption for Drying Car Wash Grit Trap Waste (30 TAC 330.13 (h))
- Waste from Grease Traps, Grit Traps, and Septic Tanks: Questions and Answers (RG-389)
Specific Information for Small Businesses – Information and resources by industry
Specific Information for Local Governments – Information and resource for Local Governments