Waste Compliance Resources
Municipal Solid Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)–Find local contacts, resources, and general information on HHW programs.
- Traditional Municipal Solid Waste Disposal: A Guide for Local Governments (RG-469)
- Resources on Managing Municipal Solid Waste
- What Do I Do With It Now? A Quick Guide to Recycling Resources (GI-288)
- Recycling: Am I Regulated?
- Regulations, Resources, and Guidance on Recycling Electronic Equipment
- Composting– Information for professionals and homeowners on composting regulations
- Resource Exchange Network for Eliminating Waste (RENEW) Listings
- The Used Oil Recycling Handbook (RG-325)-Guidance for Used Oil Handlers.
Hazardous and Industrial Waste
- Hazardous and Industrial Waste-Am I Regulated?
- How to Classify Industrial and Hazardous Waste
- Nonhazardous Industrial Waste Storage, Treatment, or Disposal: Am I Regulated?
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste Rules and Regulations for Small-Quantity Generators (RG-234)
- Classification and Coding of Industrial and Hazardous Waste (RG-022)-Assists generators of industrial and hazardous waste in meeting the requirements of self waste classification.
- Waste Designation Decision Matrix-For help making a hazardous waste determination.
- Waste Reduction Policy Act
- Hazardous Waste: There IS an Easier Way-Information regarding Universal Waste rules in Texas.
- Managing Paint and Paint-Related Waste Under the Universal Waste Rule (RG-370)
Other Waste Topics
- Special Waste Regulations in Texas (RG-029)
- Petroleum Storage Tanks (PST)–Owners and operators of PSTs can find regulatory guidance and forms for operators of PSTs on this Web page.
- Common Questions on Empty Waste Containers (RG-480)
- Agricultural Waste Pesticides – Information about agricultural waste pesticides and the importance of their proper disposal or recycling.
- Mercury Convenience Switches
- Used Oil, Batteries, Antifreeze, or Used Tires
- Permit Exemption for Drying Car Wash Grit Trap Waste 30 TAC 330.13(f)
- Waste from Grease Traps, Grit Traps, and Septic Tanks: Questions and Answers (RG-389)
Specific Information for Small Businesses – Information and resources by industry
Specific Information for Local Governments – Information and resource for Local Governments
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.