Public Water Supply: Compliance Resources
Information, guidance, and forms for public water systems in Texas.
- What’s New in TCEQ Rules?
- Public Drinking Water Regulations, 30 Texas Administrative Code (TAC) 290, Subchapters D–H
- TCEQ Information for Public Drinking Water Utilities and Districts–These rules cover Plan Review Checklists and CCN and Rate Change Applications.
- Utility Regulations, 30 Texas Administrative Code 291–These rules cover Certificates of Convenience & Necessity Customer Service, and Submetering & Allocation
Operating a Public Drinking Water System
- Guidance Documents for Public Water Systems
- Public Water Systems: A Guide for Local Governments (RG-422-LG-2)
- The Water and Wastewater Consumer Assistance Team Can Help (RG-210)
- Utility On-Site Assistance: Help is on the Way! (RG-198)
- Customer Service Inspection Model –A tool to assist public water supplies with outsourcing customer service inspections.
- Chemicals in Drinking Water
- Public Notification Language for Drinking Water Contaminants
- Public Notice to Boil Water (in English and Spanish)
- Public Water System Operators: What Applicants for Licensing Need to Know
- Establishing a New Public Water System
- Technical Guidance for Public Water System Operators and Engineers
- Special Precautions Flowchart: Responding to a Loss of Pressure in Your Distribution System
- Search Licensing or Registration Information
- Groundwater Conservation Districts–Your groundwater well may be subject to the rules of a local Groundwater Conservation District (GCD).
- Water Conservation Plans, Drought Contingency Plans, Guidelines and Requirements, 30 Texas Administrative Code 288
- TCEQ Drought Contingency Planning
- What to Do in a Water Crisis
Compliance Overview Tools
Many of the following documents are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) (Help with PDF).
- Assistance Tools Available
- Compliance Checklists
- Water Tank Inspection Form –30 TAC 290.46(m)(1) requires documentation of annual ground, elevated, and pressure storage tank maintenance inspections.
- Resources for Texas Water and Wastewater Utilities (RG-220)–Lists agencies and organizations that provide funding and assistance to utilities for water, wastewater, and waste disposal.
- Sample Operations and Maintenance Manual
- Record Keeping –These records are required to be available at the time of inspection of public water systems.
- Public Water Supplier Response to Loss of Pressure
- Delinquent Fees