Wastewater Treatment Plants: Compliance Resources
Many documents on this page are in Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) (Help with PDF).
Record Keeping and Reporting
Discharge Monitoring Report Information
- Printable DMR Form (PDF) - This form will need to be printed and completed by hand.
Wastewater Compliance Spreadsheets
Frequently Used Forms
- Water Quality Noncompliance Notification (TCEQ-00501) (PDF)—form to notify the TCEQ of a water quality noncompliance or unauthorized discharge
- Public Notification Form for Wastewater Discharges (TCEQ-20627) (DOCX)—form to notify the public that an unauthorized discharge has occurred
- Request for Address Change of a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-00746) (PDF)
- Request for Name Change of a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-20028) (PDF)
- Request to Cancel a Water Quality Permit or Registration (TCEQ-20029) (PDF)
- Water Quality Permits and Registrations
- Stormwater Permit Information—Plants with a design flow of 1.0 million gallons per day and above or those required to have a pretreatment program (40 CFR Part 403) fall under stormwater rules (Sector T: Treatment Works).
Compliance Overview Tools
- Troubleshooting Bacteria Effluent from Wastewater Treatment Plants (RG-515)
- Operational Issues that Contribute to Bacteria-related Violations
- Wastewater Treatment Plants: Bacteriological Testing—Information for wastewater treatment plants to assist with bacteriological testing and reporting.
- In-House and On-Site Laboratories—Useful information that domestic wastewater treatment facilities can reference for laboratory sample-testing requirements.
- Help for Wastewater Treatment Plant Owners and Operators—Fact sheets and manuals from the EPA and other sources on various techniques for treating wastewater.
- Process Control Tests for Domestic Wastewater Treatment Facilities (RG-002)
- Wastewater Pretreatment: Requirements and Options
- EPA Wastewater Technology Fact Sheets
- Training for Water Professionals - Wastewater Lagoons
- Aquatic Plants and Their Control (PDF) - Before applying herbicides or pesticides near or in waters of the state, ensure compliance with the Pesticide General Permit.
- Most Frequently Needed Records for Wastewater Investigations (RG-088)
- Operation and Maintenance Guide for Imhoff Tank and Oxidation Pond Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Delinquent Fees
Where can I find more information and assistance?
The TCEQ's Small Business and Local Government Assistance Section offers free, confidential help to small businesses and local governments working to comply with state environmental regulations. Call us at 800-447-2827 or visit our Web page at TexasEnviroHelp.org.