Consumer Confidence Report (CCRs): Customer-Service Guidelines for Community Water Systems
These suggestions are intended to help employees effectively answer questions from their customers.
Once your customers have received your Consumer Confidence Reports (CCR), you should expect to receive calls from customers requesting more information about the report.
We suggest you make sure employees know the answers to the following questions:
- How is your utility governed?
- How large is your service area?
- How many customers do you serve?
- What is the source of the water provided by your utility?
- What are the characteristics of the water provided by the utility?
- Is the water considered hard or soft?
- Is the water cloudy or clear?
- Does your water have an unusual taste or odor?
- Were there violations or detections on the utility's CCR?
- How is the utility correcting any violations or detections for contaminants, or has it already done so?
- What are your utility's plans for the future?