Distributing the Consumer Confidence Report
- If you are a community public water system you are required to:
- Mail a copy of your Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) and a completed Certification of Delivery (MS Word or PDF) to us by July 1 of every year.
- In addition to any applicable requirements in 2, 3, and 4 below, make your CCR available to the public upon request.
- Retain a copy of your CCR for five years after the year the CCR covers.
- If you are a community public water system that serves more than 500 people, in addition to the requirements in number 1 above, do the following:
- Directly deliver a copy of your Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) to every bill-paying customer by July 1 of every year (for example, include as an insert with the monthly water bill or hand deliver).
- Make a good-faith effort to provide your CCR to non-bill-paying customers, such as apartment renters and nursing home residents.
- If you are a community water system that serves 100,000 people or more, in addition to the requirements in numbers 1 and 2 above, you are required to post your CCR on a publicly accessible site on the internet.
- If you are a community water system that serves 500 or fewer people, you are required to do everything above except 2.a. and 3. If you choose not to do 2.a. above, then you are required to:
- Provide notice at least once per year by July 1 to your customers by mail, door-to-door delivery, or by posting in an appropriate location that your CCR is available upon request.
- Mail a copy of your CCR and a completed Certification of Delivery to us by July 1 of every year. This Certification of Delivery takes the place of the one in 1.a. above.
If you have questions about these requirements, please call our Public Drinking Water Section at (512) 239-4691 or contact us by email.