Distributing Your Consumer Confidence Report (CCR)
Every community public water system (PWS) is required to create and distribute a CCR that includes information about drinking water. The CCR must be delivered to customers by July 1 of every year, 30 TAC §290.274(a). All of the CCR rules can be found at 30 Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 290, Subchapter H - Consumer Confidence Reports.
- If you are a community PWS that serves over 500 people* you are required to:
- Directly deliver a copy of the CCR to each bill paying customer;
- Make a good faith effort to reach consumers who do not receive water bills, such as apartment complexes, businesses, community centers, schools, etc;
- Make your CCR available upon request.
- Directly deliver a copy of the CCR to each bill paying customer OR provide notice at least once per year by July 1 to your customers by mail, door-to-door delivery, or by posting in an appropriate location that the report is available upon request;
- Make a good faith effort to reach consumers who do not receive water bills such as apartment complexes, businesses, community centers, schools, etc;
- Make your CCR available upon request
*The number of people served is established by the TCEQ Regional office. This is referring to the approximate number of people served by the water system, it is not referring to the number of meters, connections or accounts. In order for your system to qualify for a mailing waiver, your population must be listed as 500 people or fewer, for the year the CCR covers, in the TCEQ Drinking Water Watch database.
If you have questions about CCR requirements, please email PWSCCR@tceq.texas.gov or call the Drinking Water Quality Team at (512)239-4691. If you have questions about how the population was established contact the TCEQ Regional Office, these numbers can be found here. When you contact TCEQ please make sure that you reference the PWS Name and ID number.
Searchable database of all information reported to the TCEQ by public water systems about the quality of their drinking water. Path to this item is /goto/dww
Links to rules for operating a public water system.
Topics Under this Category
Information for the 2013 Consumer Confidence Report, which covers data from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013. CCR is due to customers by July 1, 2014.
Instructions for distributing a Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) for community public water systems.
Instructions for community public water systems to follow in providing their CCR to customers.