Updates for the Consumer Confidence Report Covering 2012
To create your template for your Consumer Confidence Report, follow these steps:
- Go to Drinking Water Watch
- Select Generate CCR Report on left side of screen
- Type your 7 digit Public Water System ID or find your system name in the field labeled Enter or Select Water System
- Select the report format - PDF, RTF or DOC (MS Word)
- Select Generate Report
- Select Save As, to save the report to your computer or you can open the document and then save
- Follow the Important Information Section on the template to complete your CCR. Once you are finished with your report make sure you delete the Important Information Section. You may have to increase the size of the tables in order for all required language to be seen.
- Review the Correction to Gross Alpha Compliance below. This will not apply to all systems.
- Make sure that the template includes your most recent results for Lead and Copper. You can check this by going to Drinking Water Watch and looking at the data under the PbCu Summaries.
- Review Subchapter H of Title 30 of the Texas Administrative Code to ensure you have all required content.
The template you generate online is not a complete CCR. It is your responsibility to make sure the report you send your customers is correct and consistent with the compliance monitoring data previously submitted to TCEQ and contains all information required in 30 TAC 290 Subchapter H: Consumer Confidence Reports.
Each community water system shall certify to the TCEQ that the report has been distributed and that the information in the report is correct and consistent with the compliance monitoring data previously submitted to the TCEQ. This certification and a copy of the report must be mailed to TCEQ by July 1 of every year, 30 TAC §290.274(c).
We provide an online template generator as a courtesy to assist you with preparing your Consumer Confidence Report.
If you have questions concerning the report, please call the Drinking Water Quality Team at 512/239-4691 or email PWSCCR@tceq.texas.gov. When you contact TCEQ please make sure that you reference the PWS Name and ID number.
Correction to Gross Alpha Compliance sample results:
What you need to do:
Make sure your report contains the correct data for "Gross Alpha excluding radon and uranium."
You can do this by going to the Drinking Water Watch website (DWW) and getting correct, complete results information for 'Gross Alpha excluding radon and uranium' analyte number 4000 detected in 2012.
On the DWW website enter your PWS ID and then select: 'Chemical Results: Sort by: Code'.
When the next screen loads, search for analyte: '4000.'
If the number '4000' is not listed on that screen, your system did not have a detect for Gross Alpha excluding radon and uranium, so you do not have to report anything on it.
If the number '4000' is listed, click on that number to retrieve and then record the correct results in your template.
The 2012 CCR template is pulling the results from both "4000 - Gross Alpha excluding radon and uranium" and “4002 – Gross Alpha including radon and uranium”.