Public Drinking Water Recognition Program
The Texas Public Drinking Water Recognition Program recognizes the effort, dedication, and contribution public water supplies make to the state and to protecting public health of all citizens. We extend this program to all water systems in the state. Each year, water systems in Texas will be recognized for their outstanding performance for the preceding calendar year.
Purpose of the Award
- To recognize the commitment to protecting public health
- To focus public attention on the importance of water facilities
- To provide opportunities for water system management to interact with each other, national organizations, and the regulatory agency
Public water systems in Texas may be nominated for these award categories:
- Small Water Systems Security Program
- Substantial Source Water Protection Program Implementation
- Innovative or Proactive System
- Outstanding Public Drinking Water System
- Outstanding Cross-Connection Control Program
In addition, PWSs that meet specific criteria will receive the Total Coliform Rule Program Award.