Innovative or Proactive Water System Award
This award recognizes systems that have used creative and effective ways to improve their operations, achieve compliance, or better serve their customers.
- Past Winners
- Nominate a PWS for Next Year’s Award
- How Can My PWS Become Eligible for This Award?
For a public water system to be recognized as an Innovative or Proactive System, the system must meet at least one of these criteria:
- Developed a new method of resolving an existing problem within the water operations.
- Resolved an operation issue through its own recognizance.
- Developed an innovative approach to enhance safety operations.
- Used a new technology or operating process that resulted in achieving potable water quality that exceeds federal and state requirements.
- Took a proactive approach to public education or outreach.
- Uses a new technology or operating process that resulted in potable water quality that exceeds federal and state requirements.
- Bexar Metropolitan Water District - Southside
- Brushy Creek Municipal Utility District
- Canyon Regional Water Authority - Hays/Caldwell Water Treatment Plant
- Canyon Regional Water Authority - Lake Dunlap Water Treatment Plant
- City of Abilene
- City of Bryan
- City of Garland
- City of Georgetown
- City of Houston
- City of Huntsville
- City of Kerrville
- City of Sweetwater
- City of Temple
- El Paso Water Utilities Public Service Board
- San Patricio Municipal Water District
Congratulations to each of these water systems!
Be creative! Each of these systems came up with an innovative way to go beyond the minimum required action to deal with a problem they encountered or to meet a regulatory requirement. You might contact one of the systems recognized this year to see if their project inspires an idea you can use at your own water system.
Your water system might already have a program that qualifies it for this award. If you think so, nominate it for this award now or contact our Public Drinking Water staff and ask to speak to the PDW Recognition Program manager.