Small Water System Security Program Award
This award program recognizes PWSs that serve 3,300 or fewer persons and have developed and implemented enhanced security measures.
- Past Winners
- Nominate a PWS for Next Year’s Award
- How Can My PWS Become Eligible for This Award?
To receive this award, the PWS must meet these criteria:
- Has developed and implemented a comprehensive vulnerability assessment (VA).
- Has developed and implemented an emergency response plan (ERP). This ERP includes generator specifications, and these specifications have been supplied to our Public Drinking Water staff.
- Is enrolled in TxWARN (the Texas Water/Wastewater Agency Response Network) or RWEAC (the Rural Water Emergency Assistance Cooperative). We encourage water systems to enroll in as many of the free mutual aid networks as possible, but a PWS must be enrolled in either TxWARN or RWEAC to be considered for this award.
- Has had no major violations or enforcement actions against it in the year for which it is recognized.
Past Winners of the Small Water Systems Security Award
- City of Bayside
- City of Lorenzo
- City of Woodsboro
- East Bell WSC
- Goliad Water Supply Corporation - Berclair Water System
Congratulations to each of our winners!
How Can My PWS Become Eligible for This Award?
Start with the Security Vulnerability Self-Assessment Guide. If you need help completing this assessment, contact our Public Drinking Water staff and ask to speak to a member of the Drinking Water Protection Team.