Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools


Questions or Comments:
You are here: Home / Field Operations / Edwards Aquifer Protection / Contributing Zone Plan

Contributing Zone Plan

Provides the definition of a contributing zone plan, outlines who is required to submit a plan to the TCEQ, lists the required forms, and provides fee information.

What is a contributing zone plan (CZP)?

A contributing zone plan outlines best management practices that will be implemented in order to protect water quality when a regulated activity Exit the TCEQ is conducted in the contributing zone of the Edwards Aquifer. The contributing zone is the area or watershed where runoff from precipitation flows to the recharge zone of the Edwards Aquifer.

Who is required to prepare and submit a CZP?

A contributing zone plan is required for any regulated activity proposed in the Edwards Aquifer contributing zone. See 30 TAC 213.21 Exit the TCEQ for additional information regarding applicability.

When should a CZP be submitted to the TCEQ?

A CZP must go through the application submission and review process and be approved prior to the commencement of construction or other regulated activities.

How much is the fee?

The fee is based on the acreage of the entire area included within the legal boundaries of the property described in the application and the type of development (one single-family dwelling; multiple single-family residential or parks; or nonresidential). The minimum fee is $650; the maximum, $10,000. For additional information on fees, view the Application Fee Form (TCEQ-0574), which includes a complete fee schedule.

How do I know what forms to complete?

Use the forms listed below to prepare your contributing zone plan application. 

Are there any tips for completing this type of plan?

  • Do not leave any questions unanswered. If a question does not apply to your site, enter “N/A” in the blank and briefly explain why the question does not apply.
  • The contributing zone plan must include information on stormwater best management practices that will be used during construction. You may complete either the temporary stormwater section* or a storm water pollution prevention plan**, which is required by the TPDES Construction General Permit, to satisfy this requirement.

Contributing Zone Plan Application

*Temporary Stormwater Section

**Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan

Notice of Intent (NOI) for Stormwater Discharges Associated with Construction Activity under TPDES General Permit (TXR150000)

Agent Authorization

  • Form (TCEQ-0599), if application submitted by agent

Application Fee

  • Form (TCEQ-0574)
  • Check payable to the “Texas Commission on Environmental Quality”

Core Data Form

Who can I contact if I need help?

If you are located in Williamson, Travis, or Hays County, call the TCEQ’s Austin Regional Office at 512-339-2929. For help in Comal, Bexar, Medina, Uvalde, or Kinney County, call TCEQ’s San Antonio Regional Office at 210-490-3096.

Program Updates

Change to the Administrative Review Process
Beginning Nov. 1, 2014, the Application Submission and Review process will change for EAPP applications. Important information

Public Meetings

The TCEQ is holding its annual public hearings to receive comments about protecting the Edwards Aquifer from pollution. There will be a meeting in Austin and one in San Antonio:

Dec. 16, 2014, Austin
Dec. 17, 2014, San Antonio

Important information