Request for a Modification of a Previously Approved Plan
A request for a modification to a previously approved plan, or modification plan, is required for any modification to a previously approved Edwards Aquifer protection plan. You would use a modification request:
- to deviate from your approved plans in the physical design of a pond, dam, berm, sewage treatment plant, flow diverter, or any other structure designed to reduce water pollution;
- to change the way you intend to operate any of these structures;
- to change the type of regulated activity from what was originally approved;
- to make a change that would significantly affect the ability of the plan to prevent pollution of the Edwards Aquifer;
- to develop land that was to be left undeveloped under your original water pollution abatement plan; and
- to make a physical modification to an approved organized sewage collection system, UST facility, or AST facility.
The forms for a complete modification plan specify additional information that must be attached such as maps, site plans, construction detail sheets, calculations, and construction notes.
The fee is based on the project area in acres, and the type of development (one single-family dwelling; multiple single-family residential or parks; and non-residential). The minimum fee is $650; the maximum fee, $10,000.
A modifcation must be submitted for review and approved prior to the commencement of the modification.