Helpful Tools & Tutorials
Contains links off the TCEQ Web site to helpful GIS-related tools.
The links below will take you off the TCEQ Web server . This collection is provided solely as a courtesy. Because the TCEQ has no control over the posting of material to the sites on this list, the agency cannot take responsibility for their continued validity and maintenance.
- Conversion Tools
- GIS Conversion Tools (Bureau of Economic Geology - BEG)
- NADCON Computations - to transform coordinates between NAD27 and NAD83 datums.
- Geographic/UTM Coordinate Converter
- State Plane to Lat/Long Coordinate Converter
- Common Computer Conversions - conversions between bytes, KB, MB, GB, and others
- Training &
and the Geographer's Craft - University of Colorado at Boulder,
- Innovative GIS - The GIS Primer - An Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- ESRI Virtual Campus - self-paced GIS training on the web
- Fitzsimons' Cartography Bookmarks
- GIS and the Geographer's Craft - University of Colorado at Boulder, Geography Department
- Metadata in Plain Language (USGS)
- Frequently-Asked Questions on FGDC Metadata
- What is Metadata? (FGDC)
- Academic Departments