Water Well Report Viewer
A water well report includes information about the:
- well location, depth, and construction;
- water level;
- local geology;
- driller and original owner.
The TCEQ Water Well Report Viewer ("Viewer") allows users to locate and view copies of water well reports. In this online application, users access the water well files through a grid layer overlain on a map of the state of Texas. When users click on their area of interest, the application will display a list of the water well files within the selected area. Each file contains copies of one or more water well reports.
Basic steps for finding a water well report:
- Go to the TCEQ Water Well Report Viewer - Best viewed using Internet Explorer V9.0 and above, Firefox V22.0 and above, or Google Chrome V28.0 and above.
- In the search box, in the upper left corner of the Viewer, search for the County of interest (include the word County). The fully qualified county name will appear just below. Click on the name to zoom to the county, then use the zoom tools to zoom in on your area of interest until a 5-digit number (e.g. xx-xx-x) is displayed in the center of the grid.
- Click on the WW Report icon (in the upper right portion of the screen), select the type of report you desire, and then click anywhere within your grid of interest in order to get a list of water well files in that grid.
- Click on a link under the WWD ID heading in order to view a file containing copies of one or more water well reports.
Water well reports can also be located using the other search criteria in the lower, blue portion of the Viewer.
- Grid #;
- All of the reports in a County;
- Major City;
- Street Address;
- Lat-Long in decimal degrees.
The User Guide (Coming Soon!) provides detailed information regarding the other search criteria, icons, and layers available in the Viewer.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.