Region 11 Austin Exam Registration Form
occupational licensing exam
Many Computer-Based Testing (CBT) exams are available and offer immediate test results and the opportunity to retest. We strongly encourage you to take advantage of the CBT opportunities. If the CBT exam you need is not offered or you are not able to take computer based examinations, the exams are offered in the regional office.
- When: Exams are offered on the second Monday of each month. See the registration section below for specifics dates. Exams start promptly at 8:30 AM and 1:30 PM (3 hour exams). Please arrived to the exam location 30 minutes prior to the exam time.
- Where: Building A, Room 173, 12100 Park 35 Circle, Austin, Texas 78753. Map with visitor parking information.
- Available Exams: The Wastewater, Water, CSI, WTS, UST, LPST, MSW, Irrigation Technician and Irrigation Inspector exams are all offered at the regional office. Review the registration section of this page for the specifics classification of exams available.
- The Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX) administers the Landscape Irrigation Exams, Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester Exams and many of the On-Site Sewage Facility Exams. Review the TEEX webpage for exam availability and locations.
- For information regarding "A" Water and Wastewater Exams, contact TCEQ at 512-239-6133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How to Register for an Exam: There are two methods to take an exam: Computer-Based or Classroom.
- Computer-Based: Visit the Computer-Based Testing webpage for more information on how to take advantage of this option.
- Classroom: Pre registration is REQUIRED to take an exam - seating is limited. No walk in applicants will be allowed to take an exam. Complete the registration section below to select the specific exam type and date.
Exam Day Policy
The Following items are NOT allowed in the exam room:
- Hats/Jackets (if items such as coats are necessary due to weather, they must be placed with the proctor);
- Electronic Equipment (cell phones, pagers, two-way radios, all devices with a camera, etc.);
- Food or Drinks (except for 8 hour exams); and
- Study Guides/Notes (with the exception of MSW A & B).
The Following items ARE allowed in the exam room:
- Basic Calculators;
- Number 2 pencils;
- Government Issued ID;
- Check/ Money Order/E-Pay Receipt;
- Confirmation of Exam Registration/Training Certificates;
- Re-test/Deficiency Letters; and
- MSW A & B Study Guides/Notes.
With the exception of "A" exams, there are NO lunch or restroom breaks allowed.
Per TCEQ Occupational Licensing Rules §30.14(a) and §30.24(b)(2), the licensing/registration application fee is due with the submitted application. The fee covers both processing the application and sitting for the exam.
- If you arrive at an exam session for an initial exam (not a re-test) without proof of payment, check, or money order, you will be turned away from the exam; and
- If we receive an application without proof of payment, check, or money order, the application will not be processed until that payment is received.
Pre-Paying Online for Your Exam
Pre-paying online for an exam is strongly recommended. To pre-pay for your exam please use ePay , the TCEQ's online payment application. Print out your receipt and bring a copy of it with you on the day of your exam as proof of payment.
Do You Need Special Accommodations for a Disability?
If you have a disability and need special accommodations when you take a licensing exam, please fill out the ADA request form before you register for the exam. By contacting us in advance, you will help us make sure that we have the accommodations you need in place on the day of your exam. Contact TCEQ at 512-239-6133 or email@example.com.
Note: Do not register for your exam until you have been approved for your special accommodation request.