Make a Complaint About a Landscape Irrigator
How do I file a complaint?
The TCEQ Landscape Irrigation Program accepts complaints over the phone and in writing. We encourage you to submit a written complaint so that you can include supporting documentation with it. To file a complaint, follow these steps:
- Complete a complaint form. You may print the complaint form (PDF) (help with PDF) now or request one by calling 512-239-LAWN. Be sure to describe your complaint in detail.
- Attach copies of supporting documentation such as contracts, invoices, correspondence, canceled checks, and pictures. Do not send originals. Make sure copies are legible.
- Mail the form and supporting documentation to: TCEQ, Landscape Irrigation Program, MC-235, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, TX 78711-3087.
We will notify you each quarter about the status of your complaint.
The complaint will be investigated to make sure it is valid and within the TCEQ’s jurisdiction.
When a complaint is found to be valid, the investigator may:
- facilitate an agreement between you and the license holder that allows the license holder time to correct the alleged violation or
- forward the complaint to the enforcement division, which may result in:
- assessment of administrative penalties, and/or
- suspension or revocation of a license.
No, the TCEQ has no authority to recover any funds you lose because of the negligence of a license holder. You may have to use other legal avenues to recover your money.
- Texas Occupation Code, Chapter 1903
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 344
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 30
- Texas Water Code, Chapter 37
- Municipalities and water districts may have rules that regulate landscape irrigation.
You can reach TCEQ staff at 512-239-LAWN or at Install@tceq.texas.gov.