Make a Complaint About a Landscape Irrigator
The TCEQ Landscape Irrigation Program accepts complaints over the phone and in writing. The TCEQ encourages written complaints so that supporting documentation may be submitted with your complaint. To submit a complaint, follow these steps:
- Complete a complaint form. You may print the complaint form (PDF) (help with PDF) now or request one by calling 512/239-LAWN. Be sure to describe your complaint in detail.
- Attach copies of supporting documentation such as contracts, invoices, correspondence, canceled checks, and pictures. Do not send originals. Make sure copies are legible.
- Mail the form and supporting documentation to: TCEQ, Landscape Irrigation Program, MC-235, P.O. Box 13087, Austin, TX 78711-3087.
You will be notified each quarter about the status of your complaint.
The complaint will be investigated to make sure it is valid and within the TCEQ’s jurisdiction.
When a complaint is found to be valid, the investigator may:
- facilitate an agreement between you and the license holder that allows the license holder time to correct the alleged violation or
- forward the complaint to the enforcement division, which may result in:
- assessment of administrative penalties, and/or
- suspension or revocation of a license.
No, the TCEQ has no authority to recover any funds you lose because of the negligence of a license holder. You may have to use other legal avenues to recover your money.
- Texas Occupation Code, Chapter 1903
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 344
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Chapter 30
- Texas Water Code, Chapter 37
- Municipalities and water district may have rules that regulate landscape irrigation.
TCEQ staff may be reached at (512) 239-LAWN or at Install@tceq.texas.gov.