Nonpoint Source Pollution: Public Education
Materials for communities, schools, groups, and others to participate in the Nonpoint Source Pollution (NPS) public education campaign.
- Water Recycles Poster (GI-403): color poster (18" x 22") that illustrates steps in the water cycle and several human activities that affect water. Back of poster has narrative information on water as well as activities and puzzles.
- The Take Care of Texas Guide to Yard Care (GI-028): helps you maintain a healthy yard, save money, and take care of our state's varied landscapes.
The following other Take Care of Texas Guides offer more tips to help save time, money, and effort while improving water and air quality, conserving water, and reducing waste in your yard:
- Mulching and Composting (GI-036): beginner's guide to mulching and composting at home.
- Rainwater Harvesting with Rain Barrels (GI-383): brief how-to guide to collecting rainwater to water your plants. Includes instructions on how to build your own rain barrel.
- Managing 10 Common Texas Yard Pests (GI-405): learn environmentally friendly ways to get rid of these 10 common Texas yard pests.
- Managing Lawn Problems in Texas (GI-407): brief guide to choosing your turf, managing your lawn, and solving common lawn problems.
Landscape Irrigation (GI-409): brief guide to developing a water-efficient landscape, including tips on using good watering techniques and choosing irrigation systems.
Radio Public Service Announcements
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs) can be downloaded from the Take Care of Texas website. PSAs are available in :30 and :60 versions, in both English and Spanish.
- Storm Water Outreach Materials: materials and resources for citizens, state or local governments, and construction site operators to educate communities about storm water runoff.
- Nonpoint Source Outreach Toolbox: collection of local and national outreach materials for use and sharing by citizens and local governments to educate communities about nonpoint source pollution.
For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.