January 28, 2011: Adoption of a New Oil and Gas Permit by Rule and the Issuance of a New Air Quality Standard Permit for Oil and Gas Facilities
TCEQ seeks to accomplish the following through this standard permit development and rulemaking: At the request of several stakeholders, the commission also has available adopted rule language in an easy-to-read format for the standard permit and permit by rule.
- Update administrative and technical requirements
- Include practically enforceable monitoring, sampling, and recordkeeping requirements
- Address and authorize planned maintenance, startup, and shutdown (MSS) activities
- Allow the commission to more effectively focus resources on facilities that significantly contribute air contaminants to the atmosphere
- Make appropriate changes to registration and notification requirements
- Ensure that air emissions from specific facilities are protective
The basis of the modeling analysis used for the PBR and standard permit are the modeling memo 1 (PDF), modeling memo 2 (PDF) and the modeling data zip file 1 (modelingfiles-sp-og10-10.zip), modeling data zip file 2 (modelingfiles-sp-og2.zip), along with the specific air contaminant analysis (.xls file) based on the commissions modeling. In addition, the commission is considering the following standardized protocols (Spreadsheet and Analysis Protocols) for standardized calculations and demonstrations of acceptable impacts.
Questions? We Can Help
For further information, please contact Anne Inman at 512-239-1276 or by e-mail at email@example.com.