Types of Authorization for Bulk Material Handling
Tells how to apply for a flexible or construction permit that covers bulk material handling if not covered by a PBR or under the de minimis rule.
The following list of permit authorizations is arranged in order of the time and effort required to obtain authorization.
- Permits by Rule (PBRs) for Bulk Material Handling. These links will take you to the specific PBR that may apply to your facility. Review the general information for qualifying and applying for a PBR. Contact air permitting staff regarding partial permitting policies.
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Section 106.143 - Wet Sand and Gravel Production
- Section 106.144 - Bulk Mineral Handling
- Section 106.145 - Bulk Sand Handling
- Section 106.148 - Material Unloading
- Section 106.149 - Sand and Gravel Processing
- Section 106.261 - Facilities (Emission Limitations)
- Section 106.262 - Facilities (Emission and Distance Limitations)
- Section 106.283 - Grain Handling, Storage, and Drying
- Construction Permit - If you cannot qualify for another type of permit authorization, you must apply for a case-by-case construction permit under 30 TAC Chapter 116.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions regarding this guidance please contact us.