Types of Authorization for Chrome Plating and Anodizing Operations using Chromic Acid
The following list of permit authorizations is arranged in order of the time and effort required to obtain authorization.
- Permits by Rule (PBRs) for chrome plating and anodizing operations using chromic acid. These links will take you to the specific PBR that may apply to your facility. Review the general information for qualifying and applying for a PBR. Contact air permitting staff regarding partial permitting policies.
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code, Section 106.261 - Facilities (Emission Limitations)
- Section 106.262 - Facilities (Emission and Distance Limitations)
- Section 106.375 - Aqueous Solutions for Electrolytic and Electroless processes
- Section 106.451 - Wet Blast Cleaning
- Section 106.452 - Dry Abrasive Cleaning
- Construction Permit - If you cannot qualify for another type of permit authorization, you must apply for a case-by-case construction permit under 30 TAC Chapter 116.
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions regarding this guidance please contact us.