Applicable Rules and Regulations for Cotton Gins
The following rules and regulations may apply to your facility.
- Title 30, Texas Administrative Code Chapter 39 - Public Notice
- 30 TAC Chapter 101 - General Air Quality Rules
- 30 TAC Chapter 106 - Permits by Rule
- 30 TAC Chapter 111 -
Control of Air Pollution from Visible Emissions and Particulate
- Agricultural sources are subject to the process weight allowables in 30 TAC Chapter 111, Section 111.171 . The control devices necessary to meet this requirement vary depending on whether the gin is authorized to process stripper, burr extracted, or picker cotton. Gins authorized to gin any stripper cotton at a rate greater than 24 bales per hour are usually affected by this rule and certain controls, such as cyclones on the first lint cleaner exhausts, may be required to bring hourly emission rates down to an acceptable level. All facilities are required to be in compliance with the nuisance rule, Section 101.4 in the General Rules.
- 30 TAC Chapter 112 - Control of Air Pollution from Sulfur Compounds
- 30 TAC Chapter 113 - Control of Air Pollution From Toxic Materials
- 30 TAC Chapter 114 - Control of Air Pollution from Motor Vehicles
- 30 TAC Chapter 115 - Control of Air Pollution from Volatile Organic Compounds
- 30 TAC Chapter 116 - Control of Air Pollution by Permits for New Construction or Modification
- 30 TAC Chapter 117 - Control of Air Pollution from Nitrogen Compounds
- 30 TAC Chapter 118 - Control of Air Pollution Episodes
- 30 TAC Chapter 122 - Federal Operating Permits Program
Questions? We Can Help
If you have questions regarding this guidance please contact us.